The ABC's of Shea Butter
Over the past couple of decades Shea Butter has become a number one ingredient in many skin care products. Although it has been around for centuries, some are only discovering all the benefits it offers, and why it is the superfood for skin and hair.
What is Shea Butter?
Shea butter is a fat extracted from the nut of the African shea tree. It is ivory in color when raw and commonly dyed yellow with borututu root or palm oil. Shea butter is edible and is used in food preparation in some African countries. Shea trees are native to West Africa, and most shea butter still comes from that region.
Shea butter has been used as a cosmetic ingredient for centuries. Its high concentration of vitamins and fatty acids — combined with its easy-to-spread consistency — make it a great product for smoothing, soothing, and conditioning your skin.
Benefits of Shea Butter
Some refer to shea as the skin superfood that comes from the seeds of the fruit of the Shea (Karite) tree. It may offer mild UV protection (up to SPF ~6) and provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production.
Shea Butter also nourishes the skin with Vitamins A, E and F. Vitamins A and E maintain the skin and keep it clear and healthy. They are particularly helpful for sun damaged skin and helps prevent premature wrinkles and facial lines.
The Vitamin A in shea butter is important for improving skin conditions, including blemishes, wrinkles, eczema, and dermatitis.
Vitamin F acts as a protector and rejuvenator soothing rough dry or chapped skin and helps soften dry or damaged hair.
Additionally, premium shea butter has properties that treat skin allergies, insect bites, sunburn and frostbite.
How does Shea Butter work?
- Excellent daily skin moisturizer for face and body
- Dramatically helps prevent and reduce stretch marks during pregnancy and weight gain and loss
- Restores elasticity to skin and reduces blemishes and wrinkles
- Anti-aging and anti-free radical agent known to increase circulation to the skin
- Helps reduces acne and scarring
- Excellent moisturizer for both eczema and psoriasis
- Helps soothe skin and diaper rash
- After sun conditioning
- Helps softens tough skin on hands and feet
- Dry, itchy skin and scalp relief
- Use after shaving to reduce razor irritation and bumps
- Provides healing benefits to skin wounds and cracks
- Restores luster to hair
Symphony Unscented Body Butter
Our Unscented Body Butter is created with no fragrances, dyes, or synthetic ingredients. We created this body butter with rich ingredients that offer soothing moisturizer specifically for sensitive skin or those who experience skin irritations.